3 Methods to Rank Higher in Google Search
Useful Google Tools
Add the tracking code into the header file of your website. Pay attention to the AUDIENCE -> AQUISITION -> and BEHAVIOR tabs on the left-hand side.
GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE
- Force the bot to crawl and index your site
- See search queries your site shows up for
GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
If you haven’t claimed your Google My Business page (and to a lesser degree, Bing Business) you are at a competitive disadvantage. Claim it, fill out the site as completely as possible, add tons of pictures, and recycle your social media posts here.
- Feeds info directly to Google
- Plug events, discounts, offers, and keyword-rich , back-linked posts
- Allows you to deeply entrench locally, events help this as well.
- Opens line of communication between searcher and you
Simple Onsite Optimization
Place keywords and phrases your customers might use during online research to find exactly what you do. Get in the mind of the consumer.
Add keywords to:
- Headers. H1, H2, H3 most important
- Images. Name, title, description, alt. text
- Anchor text (links), Bold Italics, Buttons
Schema or structured data markup is becoming increasingly important. It can get confusing, but a simple plugin on WordPress can make it easy. Begin blogs with a summary paragraph or navigable index to help your articles compete naturally.
- Pay a little more for a good server (host)
- Crop and resize images before uploading
- Eliminate any unnecessary animations or sliders
Mobile-first (among many, many other things) triggered an increased focus on site security. If you haven’t switched to HTTPS plan to do so quickly. Some browsers now block HTTP sites as “unsafe”. Before Switching:
- Edit all HTTP:// URLs to simply //
- Don’t forget images
- Click through pages and fix “mixed content” after